Thanos Tie Dye Process
Materials in Bold are included with the Second Wave Activity Pack.
Materials in Italics are commonly found at home, and are also required.
- Food Colouring Dye (x2)
- Rubber Bands
- Plastic Bag
- White Vinegar
- A Bowl or Bath-area to contain mess to
- Combine 1 part white vinegar with 1 part water (I used 1 cup) in a bowl
- Soak the t-shirt in diluted vinegar mix for an hour
- Ring out all vinegar from the t-shirt and lay flat
- Twist, tie, and then secure-via rubber-band your design to its’ desired form. Some inspiration here (I went for a classic spiral)
- Mix your dye (we're aiming for saturation!) and a small amount of water
- Pour/dip/dunk/mix your ink over your shirt, (do this in/over the bowl, or in your bath to minimize mess)
- Put your shirt in the plastic bag, and let it sit for at least 8 hours. Overnight is recommended
- The next day mix 1 cup salt with 1 cup water in your bowl, and soak the t-shirt in the salt-water mixture to set the colour.
- Rinse out the dye from the shirt
- It is recommended to wash your tie-dye shirt alone, on cold for the first few washes
Please consider buying our stickers, or t-shirts.